Service Fails to start -

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Hi 

I have configured the application trust with the lync server and everything look 100% as per the document.

When the service tries to start it gives two errors,

Platform End startup threw an exception Provisioning data for the application could not be retrieved. The components needed for provisioning the application have not been installed.   at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipAsyncResult`1.ThrowIfFailed()   at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.Helper.EndAsyncOperation[T](Object owner, IAsyncResult result)   at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.CollaborationPlatform.EndStartup(IAsyncResult result)   at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Samples.HTMLPresenceControls.Service.Common.UcmaHelper.PlatformStartupCompleted(IAsyncResult result)Inner Exception:Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Rtc.ServerConfiguration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.   at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.ProvisioningSourceImpl.GetInitialPlatformData()   at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.ProvisioningSourceGetInitialPlatformDataAsyncResult.ProcessCoreHelper()

and then...

UCPresenceProvider failed: Could not initialize remote presence view System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: endpoint   at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Presence.RemotePresenceView..ctor(LocalEndpoint endpoint, RemotePresenceViewSettings settings)   at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Samples.HTMLPresenceControls.Service.UcPresenceProvider.InitializeRemotePresenceView()

One other really obvious problem is that from the server running the service i cannot telnet to lync server on the port specified, the port is not the default port a custom one has been added. Besides setting up the trusted application on the lync server are there any additional setting that need to setup on lync itself to enable it to listen on this port?

I'm unsure if these error are due to service not being able to connect to the lync server or if the libraries are missing. Do these need to be added on the server?

Coordinator
Sep 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Glenn, 

Sounds like you don't have your UCMA development application set up properly for this.  There are really too many things that could cause this that it is impossible for me to troubleshoot.

Main thing is, do you have a server running the UCMA 3.0 SDK and configured as a Trusted Application Pool?